APPLY ONLINE: http://melissamemorial.org/about-us/careers/ or https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6010389.jobs?ShowAllOpenings.
Melissa Memorial Hospital has an opening for a FULL-TIME IT Help Desk Tech. Must be a team player with a passion for customer service. Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
This position functions as the first point of contact for customer support of IT issues at MMH. The incumbent’s role will incorporate the answering, logging and resolving of customer IT issues. This includes performing equipment installation/upgrades, troubleshooting and problem resolution, and preventative maintenance in accordance with standard guidelines and procedures as well as vendor engagement on incident and ticket management and tracking. The position interfaces with other IT staff, as well as vendors, employees, and physicians on a regular basis to support IT needs. This position is responsible for ensuring a positive customer/user experience.
General knowledge of information technology and healthcare is desirable. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Requires communication skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences.
Must be an independent self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment for the betterment of patient care; positive, quality-focused attitude and drive are essential. Bilingual, experience and certified preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
- Requires significant use of a personal computer, phone and general office equipment (Continuously 61%-100%)
- Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects. (Continuously 61%-100%)
- Needs the ability to communicate effectively through reading, typing, and speaking in person or on the telephone. (Continuously 61%-100%)
- Lifting, pushing or pulling 0-25 lbs. (frequently 31-60%)
- Standing, walking & sitting (frequently 31-60%)
- Bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, crawling, kneeling (occasionally 0-30%)
- Lifting, pushing or pulling 26-100 lbs. (occasionally 0-30%)
- Work on irregular surfaces (occasionally 0-30%)
- May require off-site travel. (occasionally 0-30%)
East Phillips County Hospital District is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.